Whether visiting for medical reasons or otherwise, Prague tops the list as a travel destination. This world famous UNESCO city offers not only incredible sight-seeing and innumerable cultural events, but also top quality Laser Eye Surgery, Dentistry, Cosmetic surgery and non-elective surgery for unbeatable prices. One of the industrially developed countries of the world, Czech Republic is endowed with world class health care apparatus.
Facts for the Visitor
- Prague is the capital and the biggest city in the Czech Republic with a population of just over 1.2 million. The Czech Republic is situated in central Europe, neighbouring Germany, Austria, Slovakia and Poland.
- Prague is a very cosmopolitan city and many local people speak good English.
- Prague Airport – one of the busiest and best connected airports in the region.
- The country entered the E.U. in 2004
Prague – A Mecca for Medical Tourism
Prague is fast becoming one of the most popular destinations for medical tourism, This comes as no surprise given the fact that this beautiful city offers high quality treatment at very affordable prices.
The Czech Republic, and in particular, its capital Prague is “one of… the newly emerging medical tourism destinations. High standards of treatment combined with low prices, this central European country is closer to the UK than you may think with frequent low cost flights from various British airports. “
Adding to the appeal is the fact that Prague is the perfect city for short breaks. With lots to see and do, Prague also has a remarkably well-preserved old town, is of a compact size and has many inexpensive cafés, restaurants and accommodation
World Class Treatment
Many of Prague’s private hospitals and clinics are internationally accredited and offer the very latest, state-of-the-art facilities. Visiting patients benefit from both the advanced surgical amenities on offer as well as the clinical and people skills of the medical specialists and staff. Surgeons are of the highest calibre and prospective patients can feel safe in the knowledge that the hospital and medical industry in the Czech Republic is highly regulated and works to stringent international codes.
This country has one of the most efficient medical care system in the world, which is also illustrated by the fact that it has one of the lowest child birth mortality rates in the world as well as one of the safest transfusion blood supplies in the world.
Incidences of MRSA (Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus) and VRE (Vancomycin-resistant enterococcus) are at almost zero per cent and in all cases, every care is taken to protect the patient.
Exceptional Healthcare Value
While Czech Republic is aligned medically and culturally to Western Europe, the cost of the surgical care in this country is significantly cheaper. Prices vary depending on the particular surgical procedure required, but patients, on average, typically save around 50% on what they would have paid for the same operation at a hospital in another developed country, such as the United Kingdom, for instance.
To take a few examples:
- The best available fully customized laser eye surgery IntraLasik Wavefront costs around 4400 Euro in UK or Ireland and only 1920 Euro in Prague.
- Lower Eyelid surgery, which is also done outpatient, would cost more than 3000 Euro in UK and only 798 Euro in Prague.
- Top class Swiss fast healing dental implants Straumann are 799 Euro in Prague, while you usually get just standard implants for 2500 Euro in UK or Ireland.
Why is it so affordable?
There are two medical systems in the Czech Republic, a publicly funded system (which is essentially free to Czech residents), and a private system for those who are willing to pay for top level health care. The Czech medical system is not, therefore, exposed to the potential ill effects of an overpowerful health insurance industry, as market prices are influenced by the Czech government, it being the biggest funder of health care in the country.
TOP CARE, TOP SAVINGS
- Most procedures in Prague are considerably more cost-effective than the same treatment in UK, Ireland and Western Europe (up to 85% less), with no compromise on quality.
- Prague boasts world-class treatment and the finest facilities: Doctors contracted by medical providers such as PRAGA MEDICA are fully English-speaking and have no problems communicating with your medical team.
- Effortless recuperation in a safe, friendly, peaceful and modern city.